Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Have A "Willie" Nice Day

This man.
 His voice.
Willie Nelson reminds me so much of my early childhood.
 Madonna, Boy George, Michael Jackson and George Michael were not the only ones with record success in the 1980's y'all.  At my little house in Fort Collins, Colorado my sister might have been blaring Billboard Top 100 in her bedroom but the rest of us in the living room were listing to The Highwaymen.  It is so interesting to me that how you are raised in your early years is what remains and runs through your blood as an adult.  I swear, this music is one of the reasons that I picked a man like my husband.  At our home, Willie and Waylon are on repeat in the background in hopes that our daughters will share this style and/or lifestyle with their children.  Real Country.
I do love my California and high-heels-life sometimes too but on a night like this, you can bet your ass I was front and center yelling at ol' Willie to sign my red bandanna!

*Not only did he sign it...but he blew me a kiss and said, "I love you too, darlin'"

...sigh..




You need to get yourself a good pair of boots.

It's been said...A country boy can survive, so us smart girls go out and find ourselves one of those.  Here is mine. 


We got married in a fever, hotter than a pepper sprout...obviously, because who in their right mind gets married at 22?

Thank the LORD for a real bathroom and NOT port-a-potties...(city girl demands.)




Need I say more...

No comments:

Post a Comment