Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Lasagna Recipe

* This amazing recipe was given to me by Debbie Bailey.  She is a very sweet and genuine lady.  Debbie is also a wonderful mother.  Her daughters used to take dance lessons from me and when I had my third baby she brought this meal to me! THANK YOU DEBBIE.

I love this meal for several reasons.  First of all, it is easy to make and clean up.  It requires only basic ingredients and yet tastes very homemade.  It can serve an army or make for plenty of left overs.  Last (and most important) my children LOVE it!

ENJOY FRIENDS...and serve at Christmas, Easter, weekly or a dinner party!

Ingredients:

















1/2 Onion
1.5lb Ground beef
1Tbls Garlic powder
Lasagna Noodles
1can Tomato Paste
1can Diced tomatoes
3cans Tomato sauce 
2 small pkg of (HEB brand preferred) Shredded Mozzarella
1 block (2c) Grated Parmesan



Instructions:
1. Follow directions for the lasagna noodles. Drain noodles and let cool.
2. Finely (key: for children) chop 1/2 white onion
3. Brown ground beef and onion.  Once you drain off the excess fat, add the garlic powder
4. Add the tomato paste first to the ground beef.  Next add the diced tomatoes and tomato sauce.  Mix together. 

Using a 9x13 baking dish, first add the tomato/meat mixture.  Then add one layer of noodles, another layer of the tomato/meat mixture and top with one small bag of shredded mozzarella.  Repeat with a layer of noodles then the tomato/meat mixture and the second small bag of shredded mozzarella.  Repeat again except this time (instead of topping off with the shredded mozzarella) top with the grated parmesan.  

Loosely cover with tin foil and bake at 350 for 30 min. or until parmesan is bubbly.  Delicious!

2 comments:

  1. Yummy, I have been looking for an easy lasagna receipe. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jessica! So good to hear from you. Not sure the pics do it justice but I promise... this recipe rocks! If you make it, let me know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete