Tuesday, September 17, 2013

1,2,3...and random ramblings


 well the truth is, i haven't been doing much of anything lately that has been good for my soul.  i know myself well enough to know that in order for my world to keep spinning and stay balanced, i must do a little something for myself.  sometimes it is overwhelming to be a mother.  the giving and giving and giving everything up for everyone else in your family.  sometimes it puts me in a funk and makes me aggravated, which is very out of character for me. lately i have found myself spitting out sentences like this to my children, "NO!  that's MINE!" or  "I am going to the bathroom BY MYSELF, do you hear me?!" one of the girls was very sick this weekend and i decided to put the camera down.  the only thing that i was looking at was massive amounts of laundry, carpet to clean and floors to mop.  why is it that my children puke like a scene from The Exorcist instead of making it to the toilet or the bowl sitting right there beside them?  sorry, anyway...it's easy for me to forget who I really am, when i am what everyone else needs all the time.   i am challenging myself to put the camera back in my hands and go do something creative with it.  creativity always brings me out of a funk.

on the other hand, i would take this funk over any real problems any day:)

have a great day, friends!

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love these pics! and you are not alone, sister, we all have at least one Exorcist puker in our families!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Sarah...you always make me feel so much better about myself as a mom! I wish I could do it half as good as you.

      Delete