Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Weekend Recap (Alamo Drafthouse)

I am so excited to "recap" my absolute favorite place!  Alamo Drafthouse is a movie theater but offers so much more than just the movie.  You can eat, drink and they also offer Sing-a-Long nights! The food is excellent, organic and homemade.  The homemade popcorn and chocolate peanut butter cups are the best!  YOU MUST TRY IT!  The girls think it is so cool that they can order milk shakes at the movie theater!  Typically they offer a special menu that matches the new release movies, such as "Monster Milkshake" filled with mini candies is offered when you watch Monster's Inc. 

The franchise is now all over the country but it originated here in Austin, Texas.  

Sing-a-Long nights such as Jiggy-Crunk at the Alamo, is the best place for friends to meet up, have a few drinks and party like it's 1999.  Me and the ladies danced (concert style) for two hours while watching all the best rap MTV videos of the 90's.  We knew EVERY word to all of the songs and it all became clear to me that my parents obviously must have not had high hopes for my future.  You don't believe me?  Go back and give a listen to Sir Mix-A-Lot's Baby Got Back or what about Snoop Dogg's Gin and Juice or even Coolio's Gangsta's Paradise.  Yep, knew EVERY word and even recall blasting the mix tape of all these songs in the car with my mother and father before I could drive.  Crazy! 











iPhone pic!

No comments:

Post a Comment