Monday, January 7, 2013

Weekend Recap

Coy and I HAVE to go on dates and I think you should too.  We spend all our time doing, thinking, being for our children.  At the end of the day it takes all I have to change into my sleepwear and keep my eyes open to make sure my face is hitting the pillow.  Honestly, half the time I wake up around 3am to find Coy asleep on the couch still in his work clothes! I'll admit, it's a hec of a lot easier to leave the kids with a babysitter now that they are older...or old enough to fully describe what went on while we were away.  I have such awesome babysitters the girls actually look forward to our date nights. Fortunately Austin, Texas has such a wide variety of cool date options.  Options for everyones taste!  Country, classic, cheap, chic, fun, fancy and the list just goes on and on...

This past weekend we found ourselves starting the night off on Rainy Street.  This street is kind of tucked away from the typical Austin nightlife.  It's a popular spot so it does get crowded.  The atmosphere is very laid back and cool.  There are a few food trailers along the way however it is mainly small, old homes remade into hipster bars.  We chose to pop into a new one (for us) called Bugalow.   It was cozy inside with super TVs that made watching the football game enjoyable.  I hope to get back there someday when it is warmer because the outside area looked fun!


For dinner we went to the Salty Sow.  

This place my friends was spectacular!  The atmosphere, food, service (very important) and overall experience was first class all the way. The price point is very reasonable as well. I would suggest making reservations and ordering the truffled deviled eggs topped with beacon...say WHAT?!?! 

TRUST ME



*If the girls could write a post...it would be about the super fun birthday party they attended.  This was not just a party with pony rides, they also got to PAINT THE PONY!
*Party fun curtesy of Johanna     



2 comments:

  1. look at Coy learning how to work that cam!! nice hand shots

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hannamac, Coy really appreciates it!

    ReplyDelete