Tuesday, October 29, 2013

BOO…Have you ever wondered?



I swear…she almost blows our cover EVERY time.



So, six years ago the door bell rang and to our surprise no one was there, but on the door step was a basket full of goodies and a little ghost picture taped to our front door.  Our house was "BOOED" and I never found out who brought this awesome tradition to our family.  I have always wondered.

The next Halloween came and the game was not played in our neighborhood, no one started it off that year.

So the next Halloween after that, I decided we would be the family to start the tradition every year.  I had actually saved the ghost sign and poem from two years ago.  I printed it out, grabbed some goodies and off to our friends houses we went.  It spread like wild fire all throughout the hood!

One of my most favorite childhood memories that I can recall was the May Day Baskets, which is the same concept.  The memory of playing that game with my friends throughout my neighborhood always brings a smile to my face!  This tradition is fun and easy to do with your family.  I know this will be a memory my girls will never forget.


2 comments: