Wednesday, October 9, 2013

School Daze


I feel like we have finally settled into our new weekly routine.  It has taken us SIX WEEKS (obviously we are slow to new schedules) but everyone knows what is expected of them and we are all happy.  Most of my days are spent cooking, cleaning and prepping for all of the after school activities.  Occasionally I have to run up to the school to drop off forgotten lunch boxes and books or to help in their classrooms.  After I drive everyone (including their friends) to soccer, dance and horseback riding, it's time to help them with homework, spelling and reading.  We have very full and busy days.  If I am not careful, it is easy to slip off into a daze and miss all the little things that make life worth living.  I am so thankful that I stopped what I was doing to take a few pictures of her in this moment.  She is sounding out words, making connections and asking questions.  Learning to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment