Monday, April 22, 2013

Weekend Recap

My husband and I finally took the time to go out and dine at one of THE "hottest" places in Austin, Barley Swine.

The anticipation was huge! I have been wanting to have dinner at this place for quite awhile.  Every time we had the opportunity to go out, this place was immediately shot down by Coy (as seen in this awesome video above!)  The menu is very intimidating, the prices are high and the thought of him having to pay money only to leave starving,  never really added up in his mind.  However it was my birthday weekend and I was not going to back down this time! 
The restaurant itself is extremely small.  They have large tables filling the tiny space, which means you may be seated at the same table with six other people you have never met before in your entire life.  Clearly, this is a restaurant that is only meant for couples.  Coy and I decided to sit next to each other at the bar because this was the only option that offered a little privacy, imagine that!  Our food was prepared right in front of us, which was amazing.  These chefs were true artist and I love to watch any artist work! 
The drink menu offers some of the most authentic beer and wine I have seen yet!  That was very exciting and delicious.  They also serve your drinks in fun and unique glasses, which is a favorite of mine.
Below is a pic of the portion size of every single menu item.  It is suggested that you order at least 5 plates to share and I swear, this picture was taken before either of us had one bite.  Needless to say, we did leave starving and hungry however I have to admit this place offered some of the most amazing bites of food I have ever had in my life.  There, I said it...EVER. HAD. IN. MY. LIFE.  The food was cooked to perfection and excellent.  I was able to try things that I would never venture out and go for but because I trusted what this place was all about, I went for it and was not disappointed.
This is definitely a place to go to for a very special occasion, like a 34th birthday treat!  The price will be high but you wont be disappointed.  

Above all, the service was the most friendly, informative and genuine we have ever had.  

It was a good night!








1 comment:

  1. Love this review and this place! We can't wait to go try out his new food trailer ;0) Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete